The granddaughters went home this morning, but that didn't keep me from doing al ittle blogging yesterday and some useful research today.
On Thursday, 9 July:
* Spent most of the morning taking care of Audrey and Lauren, but managed to sneak in reading email, blogs and Twitter in between breakfast, changes and playing. The CVGS Research Group Summary - 8 July 2009 post published this morning even though I wrote it Wednesday night.
* We all went off to El Pollo Loco for lunch and took itto the bayside park to eat in the shade and then the girls played on the playground. We were home by 12:15, and the girls took naps.
* I had some time to put together Exporting a Tree from Ancestry.com and then tried to take a nap too! Succeeded!
* Checked in on email, Twitter, blogs, Facebook and GenealogyWise during the afternoon, but did nothing useful besides play with the girls. We went out to Chick-Fil-A for dinner and the girlsp layed in the play area. We were home by 6:45, and I got them into the bath and in PJs, and Audrey went down at 7:15. Watched the Padres game...a wipeout by Giants, 9-3.
* At 8 p.m., participated in the monthly ProGen chat, which lasted over an hor. Lauren was still awake until 10 p.m.
Genealogy today was 4.0 hours - 2.0 hours reading everything, 1.0 hour writing blog posts, 1.0 hour on ProGen chat.
On Friday, 10 July:
* Linda off early for hair appointment, swimming and lunch, so I got breakfast and packing duty for the girls. Did it efficiently and with happiness all around. Michelle came at 9 a.m. to take them to meet Tami, and I settled in for a long day of genealogy.
* Read everything, and pondered what to write for the Smile carnival about "They Worked Hard for their Money." Decided on Isaac Seaver the blacksmith but couldn't find a good freely available picture that I liked and ended up not doing the post. Finally wrote Working in RootsMagic 4 - Post 26: Importing a GEDCOM File because of comments from a previous post. Worked in RM4 for awhile trying to sort everything out.
* Got cleaned up, had lunch, went to bank, and home by 1 p.m. Read email, blogs, Twitter, Facebook and GenWise, then wrote Exporting Family Trees.
* Signed up for free 7 day trial on GenealogyBank, and worked in it searching for elusive ancestors and others too. Some quirks in the search process - I'll write about it later.
* We went to Oggi's for dinner at 4:45, and were home by 6:15, but Linda used the computer until 7. The Padres-Giants game started at 7:15, and the Padres were no-hit by Jonathan Sanchez. I watched most of it - got the laptop updated, updated RootsMagic 4 on it, and saved some screens for the SDGS RM4 class on Saturday morning.
* On the desktop by 9:30, read everything then wrote this post. Will write a post for Saturday morning and try to think of an SNGF topic for Saturday afternoon.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 1.5 hours reading everything, 2.0 hours researching and writing blog posts, 2.5 hours on GenealogyBank, 1.0 hour in RootsMagic, and 1.0 hour working on the laptop.