An interesting genealogy software day - and some fun with 15-month old Audrey as they dropped in for a five hour babysitting exercise!
* Read email, blogs, Twitter and Genwise before posting Comparing Genealogy Software - FTM 2009 Data - Part 1 and Comparing Genealogy Software - FTM 2009 Data - Part 2.
* Created GEDCOM file and uploaded to Legacy and to RootsMagic, plus the native FTM 16 file to RootsMagic and captured statistics. Had lunch...
* Tami came at 12:45 with the kids - I babysat Audrey until 5:30 when they came back from the Knotts Soak city water park. Played with Audrey until she took a two hour nap at 3, so I read everything before the Padres game at 4 started.
* Audrey up at 5 p.m., then Tami came home and we all went out to dinner at Lolita's for Mexican food. Tami took girls to friends house for the night.
* Home just before 7 p.m. and got online for my TGSG chat about the NGSQ article.
* At 8:10 p.m., came back and read everything, then rearranged my genealogy database files a bit. Deleted redundant FTM files, got all databases into appropriate folders in the Genealogy Software folder, and reorganized the education files a bit.
* Deleted June genealogy files from flash drive and copied today's genealogy files to flash drive as the "in-my-pocket-all-the-time" backup. Will backup everything at end of the month.
* Checked Twitter, GenWise and Facebook and wrote this post. Done for the night!
Genealogy today was 7.5 hours - 1.5 hour reading everything, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 2.0 hours working in software, 1.0 hour on TGSG chat, 1.0 hour working with files.