Stayed home all day, the stove repair guy came at 11 a.m., diagnosed the problem, ordered a part, will come back next week and install it, and took a check for the service call. Nice work if you can get it! Spent most of the day online.
* Read email, blogs, Twitter, and GenWise before creating JPG photos from some Scanfest TIFs. Posted Family Photographs - Post 65: Betty's Trike. Wrote Starting your Family Tree - Three Views after hearing from Bob on Twitter.
* Worked on Estate Papers of Isaac Lanfear - died 1851 in Jefferson County NY and transcribed 3-page letter into Blogger, and scheduled it for early PM. Then the repair guy came.
* Worked on some email - captured some census images for a distant Grieser cousin, and added info to my database. Checked for immigration records and vital records for others in that line with no results. Heard from a Ben Kaber relative, so wrote him too.
* Updated my "Books I Want to Read" list in preparation for Carlsbad on Saturday. Went through the last year of NEHGR and NGSQ journals to capture interesting book titles. Printed it all out.
* Got some emails about the FHC microfilm scanning machine, so I wrote Microfilm Scanning at the FHL and FHC to explain them.
* Dinner time - we ate in the back patio and then I watched cousin Obama's presser. Washed the dishes, took out the trash, watered the front plants, swatted flies, etc.
* Back online, read my TGSG assignment for Thursday night, then answered some emails. Checked ancestry new databases - hardly anything useful to me for awhile.
* Imported the big FTM 16 database into FTM 2009 as a native file - took over 24 minutes to import it. Tried to make large wall chart and ahnentafel report but brought FTM 2009 to its knees several times - had to Cancel the task.
* Read everything, then wrote this post, will check GenWise and Facebook, then check my stats and call it a night.
Genealogy today was 10.5 hours - 1.5 hours reading email, blogs and Twitter, 0.5 hour on GW and FB, 3.0 hours researching and writing blog posts, 2.0 hours in FTM 2009, 1.0 hour on Books, 1.0 hour researching for cousin, 1.0 hour writing email, 0.5 hour on TGSG homework.