Not much genealogy on Friday, but had an interesting Saturday. The girls are still here and take a lot of time away from the genealogy quest, but we're enjoying making family history.
1) Friday - 19 June 2009:
* Linda left early, so I had the girls all morning until she got back at 10. Finally got to read email, blogs and Twitter, and quickly researched and posted My First Look at FamilySearch Alpha and then Postcard: A Tijuana Barbecue for the Postcard Carnival. After lunch, we all had a nap and then went swimming at Barbara's. Out to dinner at Chick-Fil-A where Lolo ate well and shared my milk shake, then hit her head in the play area. Needed ice, but she's OK. Audrey ate French Fries and bread and scrubbed around the play area. When we got home, she scarfed some veggies and applesauce.
* Gave the girls a bath, and Audrey to bed at 7. Lolo watched the Padres game with me until bedtime at 9 p.m. Game went until after 10:30, so I wrote My Daily Three and went to bed.
* Genealogy today was 2.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, and 1.5 hour researching and writing blog posts.
2) Saturday, 20 June 2009:
* Up before 6 a.m. with both girls - at least they slept the night. Got them breakfast, watched TV, got cleaned up, checked my email and read blogs before leaving at 8:30 for CGSSD meeting. Beginning Genealogy Helps - Post 4: NewEnglandAncestors.org and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun (?) - the Death Clock posted on schedule!
* CGSSD meeting was great - John K led the New Website discussion group and then Gary Hoffman discussed Genealogy in a Cloud about the future of genealogy research and documentation. Was home by 1 p.m. to find Audrey had taken a 3 hour nap and Lolo a one hour nap and they were ready to go. Linda took Lolo to swim again and I stayed home with Audrey to doze and play with her. It worked.
* We went to dinner at El Pollo Loco at 4 p.m. and were home by 5:15. Got Audrey more food, then her bath and dressed for 6:30 bedtime. Lolo and I played with puzzles during the Padres game until she went down at 8:30 without a fuss. Padres lost again.
* At 9:45 p.m., came in and read everything then posted My Daily Three and this post. I'm done!
* Genealogy today was 5.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.0 hour writing blog posts, and 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting.