Another stay-at-home genealogy day - all work and all play for this happy genea-boy. Just me, Mark, Rush, Michael and Hugh before I have to do real world things.
* On the computer before 8 a.m., read email, blogs and Twitter before writing Using FamilyHistory101.com Maps. Went exploring in Ancestry Member Trees for the mapping function - works pretty well, could be better.
* Polished and added to the presentation PowerPoint and the handout - dreamed about adding software to handout overnight -- squeezed it in (everything is 10-point Times New Roman now...).
* Emailed Paula H this AM asking about wi-fi at the Jamboree - she posted about it and so did I after lunch - see Free Wi-Fi at SCGS Jamboree. Very cool. I had some observations and questions too.
* Started on the FORUM column and got it almost finished. Need to edit it and add more content, but I'm happy with the progress. I'm getting the hang of this writing stuff. Kinda surprised that no one has mentioned my first column anywhere. Maybe they don't know about it. I'll have to tout them as they are published.
* At 4:30 p.m., went in and took a nap, watched TV, read the paper, did some chores, and ate dinner. Afterwards, came in and answered some email then went in to watch Padres game. Watered back yard and front plants too, and filled bird feeder.
* Padres lost 5-0 to Mariners - fast well-pitched game - 3 hits into the 9th inning for both teams. Pads fading fast in NL West. Read my TGF article and some of Croom's sleuth book during the game.
* Came in, read everything and posted My Daily Three and wrote this post. Will check Facebook and look for blog fodder for Wednesday. Already have two things lined up.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs (Bloglines was messed up today), 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 2.0 hours on presentation, 2.5 hours on column, and 1.0 hour putzing on Ancestry.