This was a very good genealogy day until 7 p.m., then the Pads and Chargers both lost. Drat!
* Read email and blogs, and noted that Amanuensis Monday - Post 234: 1929 Hearing and Decree in Devier J. Smith Probate File in Red Willow County, Nebraska posted.
* Joined Mondays With Myrt and shared a bit about the Dorothy and Denmark Crowdsourcing effort, the FHISO group and source citations, and the Genealogy Rockstar voting.
* Wrote and posted 2015 FGS Conference Special Early-Bird Price Ends September 12th and wrote 2014 Genealogy Rockstars Voting is Open! and set it for later.
* Printed off the CVGS newsletter master and the mail labels, and went to the UPS Store to print the newsletter, and send them. Took 30 minutes.
* Worked in Ancestry.com in the Has surnames in the database and noticed that there were no suggested records. Strange. did more checking and I have none at all...so I wrote What Happened to the "Suggested Records" on Ancestry.com? 8 hours later I still don't have them, but some on Facebook say they have them. I expect an email from Ancestry on Tuesday.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to watch TV news, read the paper and eat dinner. Online at 6 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and do more database work. Only added 20 sources today - got wrapped around several research problems.
* Went in at 7:10 p.m. to watch the Chargers game and the Padres game, switching off but mainly on the football game. Padres lost 9-4 to Dodgers, so 6 straight losses, and now 66-77. Chargers lost 18-17 to Cardinals in the 4th period. Too many mistakes on offense, poor pass protection and run blocking, and not enough pass rush. Like the DBs though, and the linebackers were pretty active.
* Online at 10:30 p.m. to read, check Facebook, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.