Less than four weeks until my wife's birthday - now what should I get her? I guess I'll have to ponder that, because I don't think she wants another family tree chart or to learn that her second great-grandmother was a slut. I'm planning on a DNA test for Christmas!
* Read email and blogs, wrote Follow-Up Friday - Helpful and Interesting Reader Comments From the Past Week.
* Edited the CVGS newsletter one more time, made a black/white copy, printed it off, printed off the mailing labels, and all set to publish.
* Wrote National Genealogy Society Hall of Fame Call for Nominations and set it for early afternoon.
* Worked at finding John's paternal ancestor line, and Ethel's line too in records on Ancestry, Find A Grave and FamilySearch. Saved a bunch of them in John's client file.
* Went to the UPS Store to publish the CVGS newsletter, and home by 2:30 p.m.
* Researched more and wrote Finding Ethel - Post 2: Ethel Found. Who Were Her Parents? and then went in at 5:15 p.m. to fill the bird feeder, water the front plants, read the paper, watch TV news, and eat dinner.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to get the handout and presentation ready for next Saturday, and then started adding data to John's family tree file in FTM 2014. That was fun adding content and sources, I still need to do more and add media, but it's getting there! I have 10 of his 16 second-great-grandparents now, and several with another generation or two.
* Wrote the Surname Saturday and SNGF posts for tomorrow because i'll be away most of the morning.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. genealogy today was 12.0 hours.