I'm back to blogging again after a long weekend with just an hour or two to do something useful each day. But we made a lot of family history!!!
1) Saturday, 1 December:
* Read email and blogs, went to the men's group breakfast at Jimmy's, and picked up Lori and the boys at the airport at 10:45 a.m.
* Played with the boys almost all day, Lori went to Lisa's to make the cake, and Paul and Deb came at about 4 p.m. We went out for dinner at Miguel's at 6 p.m. and Paul and Deb left after 9 p.m.
* Finished up the Best Of post!
2) Sunday, 2 December:
* Got the boys fed, read email and blogs quickly, added to the Best Of post, and off to church at 9:30 a.m. Home at 11:30 a.m. to watch football, play with the boys, then they left at 1 p.m. to meet Tami and the girls. Paul and Deb came at 2:30 p.m. and we watched football.
* Lori and the boys, and Tami and the girls, met at 3 p.m. for pictures, then went to Black Angus at 4 p.m. to get the room set up. Linda and I left at 4:45 p.m. with Paul and Deb for the restaurant.
* We got there at 5 p.m., and Linda was really surprised by the group of 35. The room looked great with pictures. Paul and Deb set up the screen and projector. I went around greeting people. We played the Linda's favorite stories guessing game. The kids took pictures, as did James. Lori had ordered the hors d'oeuvres, we ate off the banquet menu, etc.
* Before dessert, I took the kids out to play hide and seek for awhile. Then in to see the video made by Paul and Deb. Linda was speechless... we had the cake (Lori's for Linda with candles, a Costco cake for the rest of us). Then goodbyes and cleanup and paying and home. Deb and Paul left after 9 p.m., and were going home on Monday.
* Whew! Tami and Lori did a wonderful job on the party, and Deb and Ashley did a fantastic job on the video. I did a good job of paying for it all.
3) Monday, 3 December:
* Linda's actual birthday, and it was a pretty quiet day. Did get to read email and blogs. Wrote Amanuensis Monday - Revolutionary War Pension File of Martin Carringer - 1. Declaration and Have you checked Ancestry's New and Updated Collections Lately?
* We were planning on going to Disneyland, but Lori felt sick, so I took the boys to Fun-4-All for the arcade games and mini-golf in the morning, then to Italy place for lunch (pizza), brought food home for Lori. She took them to Toys R Us to get them a prize for being good on Sunday.
* Played with the boys some, then Linda and I took Ruth's mail to her and stopped at the Italy place and Subway for dinner for all of us.
* Did some reading in the evening, and started the next Best Of post.
4) Tuesday, 4 December:
* Got the boys fed and watching TV, read email and blogs, and wrote Tuesday's Tip - California Digital Newspaper Collection and WikiTree Announces "Cousin Bait" Toolkits.
* Lori packed up and we left at 11 a.m. for the airport. I was home by 12 noon to read, eat lunch, get the laundry started, and clean up a bit.
* Wrote I'm Related by Marriage to Hawaiian Royalty and then worked in the database for awhile. Went in at 2:45 p.m. to take a nap and watch TV. Online again at 4 p.m. to work in the database, adding content and sources. Got the Christmas card address list printed for Linda to check for accuracy.
* We ate dinner at 5:30 p.m., watched TV, read the paper, and washed the dishes.
* Online again at 6:30 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and work in the database - in American Ancestors, then did 40 entries in the SSDI on MyHeritage. Also researched two disconnected Seaver families in census records.
* Checked Facebook and Google+, answered some email, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.