The election is almost over. My prediction is: Romney 49%, Obama 48%, Romney EV 280, Obama EV 258.
1) Sunday, 4 November:
We returned from our Topeka trip on Sunday at 10 a.m., and we were home by 11 a.m. We were up at 2:30 a.m. CST, at the KC airport by 5 a.m., and on the 6:40 a.m. flight to Las Vegas, then on to San Diego. I dozed most of the way. Unpacked, printed off handouts, and left at 12:15 p.m. for Bonita library, where I presented the 2nd RootsMagic workshop to about 14 people.
2) Home by 3:30 p.m. to doze off, watch football, then news. Linda went to bed at 6 p.m., and I went online then to read, and note that the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 28 October to 3 November 2012 post had failed to post due to my error - fixed it!
* Checked all of the OASIS material one more time, made sure it was on the laptop, Dropbox and the flash drive, and put the Class 1 syllabus in my laptop bag.
* Worked on the blog post for Monday. Went to bed at 9 p.m. because of lack of sleep.
Genealogy this day was maybe 5.0 hours.
2) Monday, 5 November 2012:
* Up at 6, online at 7 a.m., Read email and blogs, noted that Amanuensis Monday - the Will of Ellis Barron (1600-1676) of Watertown, Mass. posted. Looked for new databases on Ancestry and FamilySearch.
* Gathered the laptop bag and an apple and left at 9:15 a.m. for OASIS in Mission Valley. got there after 9:30 and got setup on the computer using the flash drive. Had only 7 students - 3 didn't show. Good students - they seemed to get it.
* Headed home at 12:30 p.m., had lunch and online soon after 1 p.m. Noted that Crowd-Sourcing Cousin Edith posted.
* Added the Kemp obits to my database (finally), and searched for more information about Edith's husbands without success. Answered a bunch of emails also. Did not find something interesting to blog about...kind of in a slump here.
* Answered more emails, merged some WikiTree folks, crawled around in AMTs without much success, added some of the Able/Auble/Row folks to the FS Family Tree using RootsMagic. almost posted about that but didn't.
* Went in for TV news, read the paper, and dinner at 5:30 p.m., back online at 6:30 p.m.
* Read, added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and worked in the database adding content and sources for persons, including SSDI entries on MyHeritage. Added over 120 source citations today. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.5 hours today.