Hmmm, where have I been? Away? No. Just busy doing non-genealogy things and getting ready for our vacation - we leave on Wednesday for Oslo.
It is so easy to not journal!
1) Sunday, 6 May:
* Read, finished up the Best Of post, then we went to church. Then it was off to La Jolla to see my 89-year old neighbor, Kurt, perhaps for the last time. He is in a rehab/nursing care center. We headed back to Chula Vista, stopped for lunch, and got home in time to watch the Padres game. We lost, I forget the score.
* Before dinner, Linda started packing for the trip. I cut the front lawn and beheaded a sprinkler head so struggled to replace it. Success!!
* After dinner, I read, then wrote several blog posts for Monday and for the trip.
Genealogy this day was maybe 4.0 hours at most.
2) Monday, 7 May:
* Read, noted that my blog posts went up, and wrote another one for later in the day. Printed off the CVGS Newsletter master and the mailing list and got the newsletter bag ready to go.
* We left at 9:30 a.m. for Sherry's funeral service in Imperial Beach. It was formal and nice... stopped at Costco for a Polish dog on the way home.
* Watched Lisa Alzo's webinar on Pennsylvania research. Nice job! Wrote several more blog posts for Tuesday and the vacation coverage.
Took the CVGS newsletter stuff down to the UPS Store and ran it off. When I got home, I took a nap.
* We left at 3:30 p.m. for the celebration of life for Sherry in Imperial Beach. Lots of good sharing, then potluck dinner, and we left at 5:45 p.m. for the trolley station. got to Petco Park at 6:45 p.m. and was able to change out tickets foro ur next four games. Padres won 3-2 over the Rockies (now 10-20 on the year).
* Home by 11 p.m. to read, then off to bed.
Genealogy today was about 4.0 hours.
3) Tuesday, 8 May:
* Read, noted that Tuesday's Tip had posted, and wrote two other posts for Tuesday.
* Reviewed some of the Source stuff for the Wednesday meeting. Got all of my electronic cables and gear together. Printed off some source citation materials and made a one-page handout for the CVGS Research Group on Wednesday.
* Answered some emails, then wrote posts for the rest of the vacation coverage. Probably wrote 15 posts today. Time sure flies when you're on a deadline.
* Got all of the vacation papers sorted out and organized, brought the suitcase in from the garage, and picked out stuff to take.
* After dinner, packed the suitcase. Full. Weighed both of them. Heavy, but not yet 50 pounds.
* Watched the Padres game (we won 3-1 over Rockies, now 11-20).
* Read everything, and now off to bed to get some sleep.
Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.
We leave on Wednesday afternoon for Oslo on British Airways. The Geneaholic will be dark until at least 22 May. I will have posts on Genea-Musings each day describing what we hope to do on our vacation. I'll try to write up significant events, and provide pictures, from the cruise, the sightseeing and the Legacy classes.