The days have dwindled to a precious few before we go on vacation...I'm still trying to get everything together.
1) Saturday, 3 September:
* Read email, then printed off the CVGS Newsletter masters, before going off to my Men's brekfast at 8 a.m. Stopped at the UPS Store to copy, stamp, label and mail the CVGS Newsletter.
* Home by 10 a.m., and noted that Surname Saturday - STEARNS (England > colonial Massachusetts) posted (written the night before).
* Read blogs, and added to the Best Of post, then tuned into the MySociety Radio show to hear about Ancestry Content Publishing. Had lunch, gathered laptop, and off to Bonita.
* Went to CVGS workshop at Bonita Library for Susi's Pennsylvania Research talk. Plussed the talk a bit... and noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ahnentafel Roulette! posted.
* Home by 3 p.m., checked email, took very short nap, and we left at 3:35 p.m. for the trolley to downtown San Diego. Ate at the Tin Fish, and were in our Petco Park seats by 5:15 p.m. for the Padres game.
* Padres lost 5-4 (9th straight loss, now 60-79). Home by 10 p.m. to read and add to the Best Of post, check Facebook, but didn't journal.
Genealogy today was 4.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 4 September (brother Stan is 65 today!).
* Read email and blogs, got the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 28 August to 3 September 2011 post finished and ready to post.
* Off to church at 9:20 a.m., and home by 11:45 a.m. to read, answer some email, and check Google Plus.
* Went in at 12:30 p.m. to eat lunch, read the paper, watch TV and take a nap. Watched the Padres game - we won 7-2 over Rockies.
* Online at 3:45 p.m. to write 1940 U.S. Census Contractors Questions and NARA Answers.
* Went out at 5 p.m. to mow the front lawn, then water the plants. Came in for dinner.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, write some blog posts for the next two weeks, organize my folders, make some maps for the trip, check Facebook and write this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours.