An interesting day, with some genealogy mixed in.
* Read email and blogs, and finalized the Best Of post, got cleaned up and off to church at 9:15 a.m. for my Gifts committee meeting.
* Went to lunch with Maggie and Paul at the Galley after church. Talked quite a bit about Maggie's ancestry with Paul, who wants to start doing research. He has his father's line back into Sweden, but knows little about his mother's line.
* Home by 1:30 p.m. and the Padres game was over - lost 2-0 to St. Louis (now 2-1 on season, 16-8 runs scored). Noticed that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 27 March to 2 April 2011 posted.
* Read everything, then worked on the taxes and e-filed them. Worked on financial stuff too, then answered several emails - got 3 more speaking gigs lined up. Opened RootsMagic and grabbed my to-source pile of papers and started. Didn't get too far!
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to have dinner, then read the paper and watched TV.
* Back online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then work a bit more in the database. Recalled that I had not sent the genealogy report to my friend Ed's relatives, so I did more online research in census records and added more data to the Murdock file. Created a 10-generation ancestors report and wrote the emails to send them to Ed's brother and a granddaughter.
* Decided to work a bit on Maggie's line - found Paul's birth record with Maggie's maiden name, then think I found Maggie's birth record and 1920 and 1930 census records. Have more leads, but need to confirm that her folks were Carl and Margaret. Fun!!
* Started next week's Best Of post, checked Facebook and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour writing blogs, and 3.0 hours doing online research for Ed and Maggie's lines.
Post a Comment