My genealogy day was fun, frustrating, productive.
* Read email and blogs, and finished up Best of the Genea-Blogs - February 20-26, 2011 and set it for noon time. We went off to church at 9:30 a.m.
* Home just before noon, and I jumped into the Scanfest. Chatted a bit, but figured I'd better get my scanning done. The all-in-one Lexmark is new, and I forget how to do some things, like scanning, so I got one item scanned and it wouldn't do any more. I fussed and fumed (Scanfest log has nasty details) and finally gave up after an hour of trying, and left Scanfest pretty frustrated. Unplugged it, plugged it back in, still wouldn't work as either a scanner, printer or copier. Humppff. What now? Ah, reboot the computer! It's been on for several days without a restart, so did that and the Lexmark came back to life.
* Scanned my 20 pages, and then some photos that were in the "to-be-scanned" pile, and named everything and saved them. Printed out a bunch of wallet-sized photos of the grandkids for our wallets (the last ones we had were like 2007) and larger photos for Linda's carrying bag and to frame for the walls. Cool.
* Worked in RootsMagic 4 - got through the H's and the I's in the source editing.
* We left at 5:15 p.m. for dinner out at Lolita's - pretty good tonight. I just have two shredded beef tacos with lettuce and cheese. It's enough. Back home at 6 p.m., I read the paper and watched TV news for an hour.
* Reviewed the OASIS class presentation and handout one more time, then copied everything to two flash drives and put them and the handouts in the laptop case.
* Wrote two blog posts for Monday, read everything, and started the Best Of post for next week. Checked Facebook and Twitter, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour on Scanfest getting upset with my scanner, 1.5 hours working with photos, 1.5 hours working in the database, 1.0 hour on OASIS class, and 2.0 hours writing blog posts.