Not much of a genealogy day - did not advance the research ball at all due to family and baseball time conflicts.
* Read email and blogs before going off to the CGSSD meeting at 8:15 AM. Noted that Surname Saturday -- METCALF (England > MA > NH > NY) posted - written last night.
* Sat in on Gary Hoffman's talk about Web-based family trees using The Next Generation - works quick and seems easy. He's using it for a family association with many contributors. The Debby Horton talked about publishing a book - interesting and challenging. She laid out the options for writing, indexing, editing, marketing, producing and distributing books on paper or in electronic format. Very thorough.
* Was home by 12:30 PM, got caught up on everything and the girls came home. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Time Machine posted. Everybody went down for a nap, including me while watching the Padres game. Padres won 8-4 over Cards in the 9th inning to break latest losing streak and hold onto second place in NL West.
* Everybody up and went swimming except me - read everything and then met them for dinner at Lolita's. Home by 6:30 PM.
* Watched football until after 8:30 PM when girls went down, then checked Facebook, read everything, and started on the Best of post for Sunday.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, and 1.0 hour writing blog posts.
Sounds like a great day to me! I am up early myself this morning, while everyone sleeps, so I can get some blogging time in myself. You are always an inspiration.
Warmest Regards, Ruth
Post a Comment