Another typical CVGS program and Padres game-on-TV day...
* Read email and blogs, wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 117: Betty in her Buggy and then Using America's Historical Newspapers on AmericanAncestors.org and set it for later in the morning.
* Got cleaned up, worked in the database a bit, printed out Linda's pedigree chart for the CVGS game, found a white elephant gift (African-American Ancestors Season 2 DVD) and got ready to go to the CVGS Picnic.
* We left at 10:45 and were there quickly, found a breezy spot (this was supposed to be a 95F day, turned out to be only 85F or so) in the shade, helped others get set up, greeted people as they came in.
* Picnic started at 11, everybody ate and Gary had short business meeting at 11:30, then launched into the game "Wheel of Fortune Surname Game." I came in second... used Smith as my surname in New England. At 1:30 PM, we broke for the gift exchange and book sale. Over after 2 PM, took too long.
* Home by 2:15 PM, read everything, went in at 2:45 PM to take a nap while watching TV under the fan. Worked well!
* Back online at 3:45 PM, wondered what to write. Nothing came to mind, so worked in the database. Figured out how to find English parish resources, and entries to them, in FHL films and IGI database. Cool - did three sources that way.
* Put out the trash, had dinner - Dinty Moore beef stew - then back at it to post CVGS Weekender Program on "Surnames" - Sunday, 29 August. Answered some email with Seaver family attachments.
* Went in at 7:10 PM to watch Padres game, read the paper, and start the Buzzy Jackson book which came today. Padres won 9-3 over Zonies.
* Back online at 9:45 PM, read everything, checked Facebook, wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 3.5 hours at CVGS picnic, and 2.0 hours working in my database.
Post a Comment