The first day of the eighth month and my Padres are still hanging onto first place in the NL West. With a payroll that is about 20% of the Yankees and about 40% of the Dodgers.
* Read email and blogs before going off to church at 9:30 a.m.
* Home at 11:45 a.m., and wrote Best of the Genea-Blogs - 25-31 July 2010 then went in to watch the Padres game at 1:15 p.m. Read the paper, got a nap in, and Pads won 5-4 to salvage one game in the series.
* Back online at 4 p.m., read everything, then worked on database - started the Cs and got sidetracked in sources...then dinner calls. We ate outside in the cool (maybe 72 F and breezy). Did some chores.
* Back online at 6:30 p.m., worked more in the database - got the Cs done and lots of facts sourced and some duplicate persons merged.
* Answered some email, wrote Iowa State Picnic is Saturday, 14 August in Long Beach CA and then wrote Genealogy Days in Chula Vista - August 2010 and tweeted about it. Checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, and 4.0 hours working in the database.