Not really much of a genealogy day although I had every intention of making it a good one. But life sometimes gets in the way. Tonight it was a good life event!
* Read email,. blogs and Twitter, and wrote Some SCGS Jamboree 2010 photos and then Online Resources - Genealogy Book Collections but set it for noon time.
* Got cleaned up, and went into some of the book collection sites and searched for family surnames. Found some interesting stuff, but nothing momentous in my ancestral families. Need to do that more often, though!
* Left at 10:40 a.m. for my dental appointment, was home by 12:15 p.m. The hygienist brought in an old DAR application and wanted advice on how to add to it. I put her in touch with one of my colleagues who is in the local DAR chapter.
* Had lunch at home, read everything, and sorted through the SCGS goodie bags. Loaded the syllabus onto the computer and scrolled through the pages - copied off some articles. Meant to work in my database, but didn't. Checked Ancestry for new databases - not many recently for US collection. Downloaded latest Legacy upgrade, and worked in it for awhile relearning some things like sources and notes.
* Wrote New Modules on LearnWebSkills Genealogy Tutorial site and went in at 3:45 p.m. to watch TV and read the paper.
* Linda and Tami left at 4 to go shopping and pick up the grandgirls, and I watched TV, had my nap and left at 5:15 to meet them for dinner at Rubio's. The grandgirls were really happy, cute and fun tonight. They came back to our house for a bath and book reading, then went home at 7:15 with hugs and kisses for Grampa and Grandma. Did I mention that they are really cute?
* Watched the Padres game, read the paper and then my Spenser book, and Linda used computer after the game, which Pads won 8-2 over Jays (we're 38-27, still in first in NL West).
* Answered some email, read everything, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 1.0 hours checking online books, 1.0 hour working on SCGS syllabus, 0.5 hour in software, 0.5 hour in Twitter/Facebook.