Three more days until Christmas! Two more shopping days. I tried, I really did, to find something great for Angel Linda...but ...
* Read email, blogs and Twitter. Advent Calendar - Day 3 - Christmas and Deceased Relatives posted before I got up, and NARA Laguna Niguel Move to Perris CA posted while I was reading.
* Got another McAfee renewal notice - I just had a hassle two months ago, so wrote a request to cancel and refund the automatic renewal. I'm confused by all of the McAfee products - what I have and what I need are not the same, I guess. Wasted an hour with this - frustrated.
* got cleaned up and went off to the bank and then the mall, then two drug stores and came home empty handed gift-wise. Wrapped what I have and that will have to be good enough. Tired and frustrated some more.
* Home by 12:30, ate lunch, read everything online and wondered what to post. Checked out some of the Ancestry.com military databases -they are really helpful if you have the persons in them.
* Watched the Helen Leary videos on the NGS site - pretty good. Checked to see if I had all of the NGSQ PDFs in my files from 2002 on - I didn't, so downloaded them.
* Answered several pending email requests for family information. Downloaded the new pictures from the camera and the videos from the Flip cam. Made sheet of pictures for Linda to share.
* Researched and wrote Types and Number of Databases on Ancestry.com to use as a benchmark. It will be interesting to see how their collection grows.
* Took Linda out to dinner at Oggi's - had pizza and salad. Home by 6:30 p.m., watched some of BYU/OSU game then to the computer.
* Had response from McAfee agreeing to cancel one service - but now I wonder if what I still have is really what I need. Looked over their website and was still confused, so answered the email from McAfee with questions. Wasted another hour! Dammit.
* Wrote several blog posts for the rest of the week, since we are leaving for Victorville on Wednesday. Be back on Saturday, I think. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 1.0 hour on NGS site, and 1.0 hour researching for the email responses.
No Geneaholic reports until probably Saturday, and maybe not until Sunday, due to outtatown schedule.