At last - a full genealogy day that was almost spoiled by a Chargers loss...but they won 24-20. It still feels like a loss - didn't play well.
* I was up and on the computer by 7:15 a.m. because I had so much to do today. After reading email, blogs and Twitter, I wrote several posts for the next week. Then it was posts for the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog, and finally wrote Madness Monday - Who are Mary Kent's Parents? Had lunch and went off to the library at 12 noon.
* Talked to the CVGS folks at the library for awhile, went to the bank, and was home by 1:15 p.m. Linda came home soon after and had bought a new battery for the Lincoln, so that problem is solved (I hope). Back online, I answered some emails and worked in my database for an hour fixing sources. At 3:30 p.m., Linda wanted the computer for email so I went in to watch TV and read the paper.
* Back online around 4 p.m., I researched and wrote Using Google Earth to find land location in the Public Land Survey System States. No sooner posted it and Michael Neill found an error which I corrected quickly. Time for dinner...
* Linda went to the Padres game, and I ate dinner watching news and then watered the back yard. Back to the computer for awhile - got the CDROM of FGS syllabus and copied files over, and printed out quite a few.
* At 7 p.m., went in to watch the Chargers game, and flipped back to Padres game occasionally. Tami came, without the girls tonight, to stay and do some of her PhD work tomorrow. After the game, I packed and loaded up my laptop case. Ready to go to Santa Cruz!
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email and blogs, 0.5 hour on Facebook and Twitter, 1.0 hour working on database sources, 1.0 hour at CVGS, 1.0 hour on conference syllabus, and 4.5 hours researching and writing blog posts.