June Gloom is upon us - nice and cool and cloudy for four more weeks. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 60s. Don't have to worry much about sunburn. Cool. A stay at home genealogy day - I need it to get some things done.
* Up late at 7:15, on the 'puter by 8:15 reading email, Twitter and blogs. Hurried to get Doing a Surname Spread Study posted before my 9:30 a.m. telecon with the Ancestry Search folks. That lasted until 10:30, and I worked on my GYR Journal column for awhile and sent it off to Julie a day late. Drat, I hate to miss a deadline.
* Had lunch at my desk, and read my ProGen chapter on "Research Reports." Decided to use the DJ Smith name/birth issue, and put all of my sources into order with research findings, comments and some indication of source quality. Got the Research Notes part done, now need to work on the front part of the Report.
* Decided to post about the RM4 source citation process, so wrote Working in RootsMagic 4 - Post 21: Creating a Source Citation (Part 1). That worked out pretty well! Remembered the CVGS flyer, so posted Genealogy Days in Chula Vista - June 2009 on the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog. Sent handout to OASIS class members who missed Monday's class.
* We had to go out to dinner with daughter Tami, so met her at Mimi's Cafe in Mission Valley. We were home by 6:15 p.m. Checked email, Twitter and blogs before the Padres game. Read my ProGen chapter again during the game.
* Padres lost 10-5 and it wasn't that close to the Phillies. Aarrgghhhh. Back to the computer to read everything and write this post. Done for the night!
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blog posts, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour on OASIS class stuff, 0.5 hour on GYRJ column, 1.5 hours on Ancestry telecon, 3.0 hours on ProGen homework.