Ah, finally a genealogy day, and no baseball game to interfere with my genealogy fun!
After reading email and blogs and Twitter, I posted Tombstone Tuesday - Obadiah Sawtell (1648-1741) in Groton MA and then captured screens and wrote Working in RootsMagic 4 - Post 10: Creating a Box Chart. I got cleaned up and took the tax returns down to the Post Office. Done! Back home, I started on my Lamphear work. I transferred the deed and court record indexes from my flash drive to the desktop computer, then made MSWord tables for each item, plus the 1830, 1840 and 1850 census data for Lamphear/Lanphear/ Lanfear/etc. in Jefferson County NY. I transferred all of the tables into an OpenOffice presentation file so that I can add them to my presentation. All of this took several hours. I sent an email to my CVGS colleagues about the April programs, and answered a few emails. At 3:15 p.m., I went out to cut the front lawn before it rains again.
I came back in and watched TV and took a nap, then we had dinner and I was back on the computer at 6 p.m. After reading everything, I wrote Book Review - "In Search of Your German Roots" since I finished this book yesterday watching the Padres game. I still have several others to review! I looked for and found the xerox copies of the pages from Della's scrapbook and scanned 8 of them, because they have items concerning Devier J. Smith. After scanning, I rotated, cropped and brightened the items, including three playbills from 1887 which list my great-grandparents, Della Smith and Austin Carringer. I went back into the USGenWeb site and captured some Jefferson County NY maps that - one shows a Lamphear house in Wilna in 1864. I wrote a piece for the Carnival of Genealogy about my uncle Ed Seaver, and scheduled it for Wednesday. Then I wrote this post. I still need to put the images, maps and lists into my presentation for 4/25.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blog posts, 0.5 hour reading Twitter/Facebook, 0.5 hour on CVGS things, 3.0 hours preparing and writing five blog posts, and 5.0 hours working on the Smith/Lamphere research for the presentation.