Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Genealogy Journal - 04/22/08

I didn't do a lot of genealogy research over the past three days, but we participated in a lot of family history. My son-in-law flew into Long Beach on Saturday from his tour in Iraq and my daughter and her boys were there to greet him. They had a suite in Anaheim and had a good time getting the boys reacquainted with their dad. On Sunday, they went to a Children's museum nearby. We drove up on Sunday and got a hotel room in the hotel next door (they share a pool). We went out to dinner on Sunday night and had fun at the pool. It was GREAT to see him in one piece and healthy...that's a big load off our minds.

On Monday, we were in Disneyland by 9 a.m. Linda got a wheelchair so I could get my exercise. We did the Rocket ships and Autopia first, then the Monorail and Disneyland train. Linda and I went to lunch, then we met them at Winnie the Pooh and we went to Tom Sawyer's Island for awhile. We found ice cream bars and headed for the Submarines which had an hour wait. They did that while Linda and I explored Innoventions. We headed back around 4 and went to dinner at Outback. They got back to their room at 7, and called me over to babysit. However, my son-in-law was sick so they didn't go out. I helped with dinner, bath and bedtime stories. I was back to my room by 9. We drove home today.

While away for two nights, I connected online for about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening to read email, blogs and to post my pre-planned blog posts. This worked out well, although the hotel connection was slow at times.

After we got home at 12:15 this afternoon, I caught up on email and blogs, and posted "Fire in a Snow Storm" before I went in for lunch, to read the paper and take a nap. I was back on the computer at 3 p.m., and posted "The Pace of Genealogy Research - Post 1" before going in to watch the Padres game and have dinner.

After the game (we lost 11-7, rats) I did the dishes and read my email and blogs again, then looked for a 2006 obituary in the San Diego Union-Tribune archives without success. I decided to do this post, then check my stats, and go to bed early tonight. My feet hurt from walking and pushing, my knee hurts from crunching it on a pole, and my eyes are drooping.

I need to get ready for the new baby due next week at my other daughter's house. There's no rest for the weary grandparents, it seems. I wouldn't miss any of this for the world, you know! To heck with blogging and genealogy for now...hmmm, maybe I'm getting cured?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.