This was a stay-at-home genealogy day, and I made progress, but spent some enjoyable time just browsing and reading.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to read blogs and email, picked her up, and we went to the grocery store. Home by 9:40 a.m.
* Noted that 1703 Birth Record of Jonas Prescott (1703-1784) in Groton, Massachusetts - Post 437 for Treasure Chest Thursday posted and added to the Best Of post. Wrote Free Access on 9th to 12th November for Findmypast Record Collections and Newspapers.
* Searched for useful articles for Seavers in the News and found quite a few. Added data to some Seaver profiles, and matched some to Family Tree.
* Had lunch, then wrote Seavers in the News -- Brigadier Florence Seaver Dies in Asbury Park, N.J. in 1964 and set it for later.
* Puttered about in the database, matching profiles to Family Tree, searching for records using web hints, and then did a Skeleton tree for one of my matches. Another failure. Frustrating. Perhaps some "potentials" are wrong.
* Checked Twitter and Facebook, then worked on the 52 Ancestors profile. Rested my eyes for 30 minutes. Found some land records that helped in Charlestown, but FamilySearch doesn't have home access to Westerly or South Kingstown RI. Drat. Added them to the to-do list.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. for dinner, read the paper, watched TV news, and cleaned up.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to work on the 52 Ancestors post, then wrote it for Friday. Worked for about an hour on the CVGS Newsletter - about 60% done.
* Added to the Best Of post, answered email, and done! Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.
Post a Comment