What, I didn't journal on Friday or Saturday? Drat, I hate it when that happens. I blame the Padres for using up my evenings.
1) Friday, 13 July:
* Dropped Linda off, home to read, picked her up and we went to Costco. Home by 10:30 a.m.
* Noted that 52 Ancestors - Week 234: #359 Meribah (Wait) Soule (1720-1803) of Dartmouth, Massachusetts posted. Practiced my two talks for Saturday. Copied the edited presentations on the flash drive, Google Drive and Dropbox.
* Took a nap, had lunch. Wrote New Records Available To Search This Findmypast Friday, 13 July 2018 and then Genealogy News Bytes - 13 July 2018.
* Wrote the two Saturday posts. Checked Twitter and Facebook.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to eat dinner, watch TV news. Online at 6 p.m. to add to the Best Of post, and TreeShared 50 profiles in the big tree.
* Went in at 7:15 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, read my Lee Child book, and got the laptop running and the presentation files loaded. Padres lost to Cubs 5-4 in 10 innings.
* Genealogy this day was 7.5 hours.
2) Saturday, 14 July:
* Dropped Linda off, home to read, picked her up and home by 9 a.m. Noted that Surname Saturday - PHIPPEN (England to colonial New England) posted.
* Left at 9:10 a.m. for the SDGS meeting, where I delivered my two new presentations before and after the ice cream social which included an SDGS birthday party cake. The timing on my talks was perfect!
* Home by 1 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and took a nap.
* Online at 2:30 p.m. to note that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- How Many Persons in Your Biggest Family Tree? posted. Wrote the Ancestry and FamilySearch posts.
* Answered email, and TreeShared 50 more profiles in the big tree. Checked Facebook.
* We left at 5 p.m. for In 'n' Out for dinner, then the trolley to Petco Park, and saw the Cubs beat the Padres 11-6, and it wasn't that close.
* Home by 11, and I barely looked at the computer. Genealogy this day was 6.0 hours.
3) Sunday, 15 July:
* Read email and blogs, and off to church at 9:40 a.m. Home by 11:20 a.m. to read, noted that Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 8 to 14 July 2018 and Added or Updated Ancestry.com Record Collections - Week of 8 to 14 July 2018 posted.
* Transcribed the Henry White will and wrote the Amanuensis Monday post.
* Went in at 12:45 p.m. to eat lunch, then watched the Padres game. Took a nap, read the paper, then read my book, and Cubs won 7-4. So Pads are now 40-59 at the All-Star break, having lost 21 of 27 since mid-June.
* Online at 4:30 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and check Facebook. Noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 8 to 14 July 2018 posted.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to eat dinner, water the front plants, and nail the fence boards down.
* Online at 6 p.m. to read, then TreeShared the last of the big tree profiles, and worked in Ancestry Hints on the project tree, adding content and sources. TreeShared the project tree. Searched for German records for one family.
* Added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 6.5 hours.
Post a Comment