Monday, August 8, 2011

Making family history - 6, 7 and 8 August 2011

These days have not been genealogy days at all.  A little reading emails and blogs, and blogging when I can steal time, but no research at all.  It's Grandpa and Grandma Camp week with the grandsons, who are a lot more work than the granddaughters.

The highlights:

1)  Saturday, 6 August:

Lucas arrived at 12:40 pm on Southwest Airlines for Grandpa camp. We ate lunch at McDonalds (in the airport) then off to Fun-4-All to play arcade games, bumper boats, air hockey and mini-golf. Luckily, we had coupons from our Entertainment book for the costly items. Then home to greet Grandma and watch TV. Went to dinner at Oggi's hoping to have pizza but their oven broke.  Luc had mac and cheese, and Linda and I had salads. Home for dessert, then out to play baseball in the neighbor house driveway. I pitch, he hits, I chase, he practices swinging. We discovered the NHL channel and watched some of a Sharks playoff game. He fell asleep on my shoulder in bed while I was reading a book about Sharks to him.

2)  Sunday, 7 August:

This was a kickback day for Grandpa and Lucas. We played baseball (I pitch, he hits, I chase) for awhile in the morning, then watched TV, had lunch, and we went to Barbara's house at 2 p.m. to swim in her pool. Delightful. Luc was active the whole time, swimming, jumping, climbing, diving, he's a water rat. Home to clean up, then dinner at In 'n' Out (his choice), and more TV. No sooner get him ready for bed and both parents called.  ‎30 minutes later...he fell asleep as I told him about my grandfather's life. I wonder what he'll remember about it? I also mentioned that I hope he tells his grandsons about my life in 60 years or so.

3)  Monday, 8 August:

Day 3 of Grandpa and Grandma Camp. Lucas and I played some baseball in the morning (hitting, catching, throwing), then we published the CVGS Newsletter down at the UPS Store. He put mailing labels and stamps on, and I folded and taped. We celebrated at McDonalds with milk shakes and cheeseburgers. Lori and Logan arrived at 12:15 p.m. and we all went to the San Diego Zoo, then out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in downtown San Diego.  Then home to see Grandma and put two tired little guys to bed.  Logan was so happy to see us - he snuggled with me for hours it seemed, and then the Grandpa Monster came to life, and we had some real family fun.  I can't catch Luc any more, he's too quick.  Logan is easy...and laughs all through the chase.  Who's the bigger kid here?

It's Sea World on Tuesday - we all have passes so we'll use them!  They want to go on the Waterfall ride and the River Raft Ride with me. 

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You're creating some great memories there.