This was a busy day. I was tired all day, but had no time to take a nap. I did complete a major task - the tax returns are submitted! And the checks are written and in the mail. I feel poorer.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to read email and blogs, added to the Best Of post, and noted that Treasure Chest Thursday - 1888 Marriage Record of Henry Shannon Buntin and Anna Mattison Auble in Vigo County, Indiana posted. Reviewed the Oasis material.
* Picked Linda up, and home by 9:15 a.m. Left at 9:20 with the flash drive and laptop for the OASIS class in La Mesa.
* Got there at 9:50, got set up in the classroom, and started the class using their computer. The screen dimmed about 10 minutes in and at 20 minutes it went off. Turns out that the wall plug wasn't working - put it in the lower plug and everything was bright and beautiful. Had only 5 students today - one sick, one outta town. We went long because I always have too much to share.
* Home by 1 p.m. to eat lunch, then online to write Seavers in the News -- George W. Seaver Files for Divorce in 1924.
* Started in on the taxes again, and decided I was done and tried to submit them electronically. I had to log into TurboTax to pay for the state tax efile, The site froze up and I couldn't change my password so I called the help line which wasn't much help. Finally got out of TurboTax and went to the site, changed my password successfully on about the 6th try, and then opened TurboTax again and was able to pay up and efile both returns. Wasted almost an hour doing all this. Really perturbed!
* Checked Twitter and Facebook, answered email, and added to the Best Of post. Started on the 52 Ancestors biography and had the notes and sources done by dinner time.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. for dinner, watched TV news, and was back online at 6 p.m. Wrote the 52 Ancestors post, and answered email.
* Went in at 6:55 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, do the dishes, and read my book. Padres went ahead 6-1, and Arizona tied it up, and we got a homer in the 9th inning to win it 7-6. So Padres are 9-5 and in first place in the West!! Very cool.
* The game was over at 10 p.m., and I read email and blogs, and wrote this post. Got an email from a 4th cousin on the Kemp line who is working on genealogy. Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.
Post a Comment