The nice weather is over. It rained a bit today, with more on the way into next week. No matter - it was an average genealogy day.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to read email and blogs, noted that Treasure Chest Thursday - 1785 Marriage of John Vaux and Joan Lavor in South Petherton, Somerset posted, and added to the Best Of post.
* Picked her up, we went grocery shopping, and home by 9:35 a.m. Read more, then searched for and wrote the Seavers in the News - John E. Seaver Killed By Train in 1940 post.
* Took a short nap, had lunch, and online to answer email, add to the Best Of post, and we left at 1:15 for the foot doctor visit. Got a prescription for Linda for compression stockings. Stopped at CVS but they didn't have any.
* Home by 2:30 p.m. and it started to rain, then worked on the AutoCluster blog post images. Checked Twitter and Facebook, and thought about the 52 Ancestors post.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to eat dinner, watch TV, read the paper, and do the dishes.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to work on the 52 Ancestors post, got it done, found the Vaux book chapters in my files, and TreeShared 55 profiles. It got hung up on one so I stopped. About 30 left to do.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, checked email, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.
Here are the numbers from my RootsMagic database as of 31 January (with increases in the numbers from 1 January in parentheses):
* 52,174 persons (+ 190)
* 21,146 families (+ 107)
* 168,838 events (+ 661)
* 6,205 Alternate Names (+ 228)
* 11,093 places (+ 38)
* 1,855 sources (+ 20)
* 100,757 citations (+ 806)
* 1,244 Multi-media Items (+ 11)
* 3,205 Multimedia links (+ 3)
* 29,111 matched to FSFT (+ 660)
I'm up to 59.68% (+0.46%) for citations/events and 193.12% (+1.54%) for citations/persons.
Genea-Musings statistics for January (compared to stats for December):
* 94,151 page views (3,037 per day, Blogger Stats, + 925)
* >2,000 readers on Feedly (+??)
* 3,511 readers via email (Feedburner) (+ 8)