This was an all genealogy day, but with a major problem in the middle of it.
* Dropped Linda off, home to read, and fired up the laptop. Hmmm, it wouldn't connect to the wifi. First time it's done that. worked fine last time I had it open. Couldn't figure out what to do. Picked up Linda and home by 9:15 a.m.
* Noted that 2013 NGS Conference, Part 2 -- Post 489 of (Not So) Wordless Wednesday posted, and wrote SDGS Program Meeting on Saturday, 11 November Features Jeanette Shiel. Wrote A.J. Jacobs "It's all Relative" Book Notice and set it for later.
* Worked on the wifi problem - isolated it to the laptop. Googled the problem, followed directions, and nothing worked. Conclusion is the Wireless Adapter has crapped out. It's a 7 year old Windows machine. I see a new laptop in my future!
* Left at 11:05 a.m. for lunch at McDonalds, then to the library to visit John's group and then to the auditorium to set up for the CVGS Research Group. Tried using John's laptop, but we couldn't make the projector show on the screen. Finally used Gary's laptop, but wasted 30 minutes working through all of this. Had 18 at the Research Group, and went the full two hours.
* Home by 2:30 p.m. to read, added to the Best Of post, then worked in RootsMagic on Kemp families in FamilySearch Family Tree. TreeShared. Meant to tweet but didn't. Oh well.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to eat dinner, and watch TV, then read the paper, did the dishes and put out the trash.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, wrote the Treasure Chest post, and worked in Ancestry Hints adding content and sources to the database. Up and down with Linda's demands and phone calls.
* Answered email, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. genealogy today was (not counting the laptop issue) 9.0 hours,