It wasn't much of a weekend for genealogy research, but there was some family history.
1) Saturday, 7 October 2017:
* Dropped Linda off, and headed to Marie Callenders for breakfast with the men's church group. Pivked up Linda, and dropped her off to get her nails done.
* Home to read, add to the Best Of post, and write the SNGF post. noted that Surname Saturday - MULFORD (England to colonial New Jersey) posted.
* Picked her up and home by 11 a.m. Worked on the CVGS Newsletter and got it done, and sent to the reviewers. Wrote the Ancestry and FamilySearch posts.
* Worked for awhile in FamilySearch Family Tree on the Whittles trying to get recent additions to their RootsMagic profiles into FSFT. This goes pretty slow, unfortunately. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Own Newspaper Article posted.
* Went in at 4 p.m. to watch the baseball games, doze in the recliner, we ate dinner, I read the paper, and then worked on the rose bushes in front, filling the can with cuttings.
* Spent an hour in RootsMagic, TreeShared, then matched profiles with FSFT profiles and added standard places and more events.
* Went in at 7:30 p.m. to watch the Aztecs game - beat UNLV 41-10. Read my book at the breaks. Ended at 11:15 so I didn't journal. Genealogy this day was 6.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 8 October 2017
* Read email and blogs on the tablet while watching Meet the Depressed, then off to church at 9:30. Went to the store after, and home by 11:50 a.m.
* Watched the Chargers game to completion - Judases won 27-22 over the Giants, so they are 1-4 now.
* Got the house ready for visitors. Scott and family arrived at 2, Tami and family at 2:45. We went to the park at 3:15, and then to dinner at Miguel's at 4 p.m. Home after 6. Had a good visit with Scott and family - haven't seen them for several years.
* Watched the baseball game and football game, then came in and noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - Week of 1 to 7 October 2017 and Added or Updated Ancestry.com Databases - Week of 1 to 7 October 2017 posted.
* Transcribed a probate paper for amanuensis Monday and tried to add sources and notes to FamilySearch Family Tree profiles. got hung up.
* Checked Facebook, and got hung up there also. Wrote this post. Genealogy today was 2.5 hours.
Post a Comment