Not much genealogy search or research was done this weekend. But life goes on here in Genea-land.
1) Saturday, 30 September 2017
* Dropped Linda off, home to read, picked her up, and I messed around in AncestryDNA until 9:45.
* Grabbed the laptop and left at 9:45 a.m. for the library, where CVGS was doing a Family History Day. At 10:30, I did my Keynote talk with all of 10-15 folks in the auditorium. Embarrassing. Frustrating.
* Walked around the different stations visiting with the volunteers and taking photos. Back to the auditorium for the WDYTYA program and there were only about 40 folks there, including at least 12 from the family. Came home after 1:15 p.m.
* Watched football, napped for an hour, came online to read and noted that Surname Saturday - BRADT (Norway to colonial New York) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Good Genealogy Luck posted. Wrote the Ancestry and FS posts.
* Linda came home from ride with Barbara and we had dinner, watched TV news, and read the paper. Online at 6:30 to TreeShare and finish up the Best Of post.
* Went in at 7:30 p.m. to watch the Aztecs game. They won 34-28 but it was close. Now 5-0. Got to bed after 11:30 and couldn't sleep. Genealogy this day was 5.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 1 October 2017
* Slept in until 7:30, best night in awhile. Read email and blogs during Meet the Depressed, then off to church at 9:45 a.m. After church, we went to the 99 Cent Store. Got glue pad mouse traps.
* Home by 12:15 p.m. to read the paper, and watch football. Had lunch. Watched the first quarter of the Chargers game.
* We left at 1:45 p.m. for Ceasar's house for the CVGS After Party. Watched the rest of the game there. Had more lunch/dinner, and talked to folks. Home by 5:30 p.m.
* Had dessert, watched TV news, then online at 6 p.m. to read, answer email, noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 24 to 30 September 2017 and Added or Updated Ancestry.com Databases - Week of 24 to 30 September 2017 posted.
* Transcribed a probate record and wrote the Amanuensis post. Worked for over an hour in Ancestry Hints for the big tree - resolved about 140 Hints, adding content and sources. Checked Facebook.
* Wrote this post. Genealogy today was 3.5 hours.
Here are the numbers from my RootsMagic database as of 1 October (with increases in the numbers from 31 August in parentheses):
* 48,761 persons (+ 220)
* 19,560 families (+ 106)
* 157,808 events (+ 855)
* 4,041 Alternate Names (+ 283)
* 10,350 places (+ 140)
* 1,575 sources (+ 12)
* 88,527 citations (+ 1,420)
* 1,153 Multi-media Items (+ 11)
* 3,147 Multimedia links (+ 20)
* 19,030 matched to FSFT (+ 780)
I'm up to 56.10% (+0.60%) for citations/events and 181.55% (+2.10%) for citations/persons.
Genea-Musings statistics for September (compared to stats for August):
* 90,778 106,314 page views (3,026 per day, Blogger Stats, - 403)
* 30,452 page views ( 1,016 per day, Statcounter, - 284)
* 24,746 unique visitors (825 per day, Statcounter, - 268)
* >2,000 readers on Feedly (+??)
* 2,945 readers via email (Feedburner) (+ 163)
Post a Comment