Another decent genealogy day with a major error fixed, and some blogging. Lori and the boys come tomorrow for 4 nights, so blogging may be light. Or not.
* Dropped Linda off, went to the medical center for my blood test - I passed, home to read, and picked her up, and home by 9:10 a.m.
* Noted that 52 Ancestors - Week 188: #267 Susanna (Wood) Reed (1724-1780) of Woburn and Marlborough, Massachusetts posted, and added to the Best Of post. Answered some email. Wrote New Records Available to Search This Findmypast Friday, 18 August 2017.
* Had a nap, ate lunch, got the wash started, and online at 12:30 p.m. to start on the Genealogy News post.
* Wrote the Surname and SNGF posts. Then the Ancestry and FamilySearch posts. Went looking for the Catherine Knapp obituary and finally found it. That got me looking for the wife of Charles C. Knapp and I finally figured out that I had conflated two guys with the same name and birth year into one - one ends up in Indiana, the other in Iowa, contemporaneously. Created the second guy, unhooked the wrong guy from the Knapp family, found content and sources, separated them on the Family Tree, and I'm glad I did the other stuff early!
* Noted that Genealogy News Bytes - 18 August 2017 posted, and checked Facebook and Twitter. Washed both cars.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to eat dinner, watch TV, then online to double check the Charles Knapp work, and TreeShared the new and changed persons in the database. It won't let me disconnect the guy from his non-parents on the Ancestry Member Tree. I had to do it manually in the AMT, just like I had to do it in the Family Tree.
* Went in at 7:10 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, read my Kindle book, play two Sudoku games, and wash dishes. Padres lost to Nationals 7-1, so now 54-68 on the season.
* Online at 10 a.m. to read, then wrote this post. Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.
Post a Comment