Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Genealogy Weekend - 3 and 4 January 2015

My fingers are getting trained to type 2015 rather than 2014.

1)  Saturday, 3 January:

*  I read email and blogs quickly, got the girls fed, dressed and packed, and off we all went to Huntington Beach leaving at 8 a.m.  Got there (no traffic stops at all!) by 9:40 a.m., and held Charlie for a few minutes, then off to the HB library for the OCCGS meeting.

*  The business meeting ended at 10:45 a.m., and I got set up in time for my 11 a.m. presentation on FamilySearch.  Ended right on time at noon, and had the turkey sandwich and chips and cookie for lunch.  Then back for the 12:30 p.m. presentation on Probate Records.  Had a glitch here - I hit the End key on the laptop by mistake, then tried to go back to where I was and the Open Office Impress program crashed.  After a minute or two I used the Adobe Reader file to finish the talk.  I may use that anyway - it's not as sensitive to the mousepad!

*  Left at 1:50 p.m. and went back to Tami's house.  Took a nap on the couch, played with Audrey and Charlie, and we all went to the park.  The girls played on the equipment, and Tami and James petted a dog belonging to another lady.  The girls and I climbed the embankment to see the river channel.  We walked back, and Tami fixed a pasta and sauce dinner.  We left at 6 p.m. for the trip home, got here by 7:40 p.m. (again, no traffic!).

*  Noted that Surname Saturday - BARR (England to colonial Massachusetts) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun (SNGF) -- Best Find of 2014, and Research Challenge for 2015 posted.

*  Too tired to do much else - watched football, checked blogs and email, and Facebook.  Genealogy this day was 4 hours.   Looking forward to resting on Sunday.  We've been on the go for two weeks.

2)  Sunday, 4 January:

*  Read email and blogs, and finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 28 December 2014 to 3 January 2015 post.  

*  We went to church at 9:30 a.m. and home at 11:45.  Watched football games, took a nap, read the paper, and not much else.

*  After dinner, worked on the Amanuensis Monday post, talked to Logan on the phone about ancestry, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.  Genealogy this day was about 4.0 hours.

No comments: