I missed journaling again last night - we had a Padres game. Today was a stay-at-home day, and I got some writing and research done. It's been cooler these days - high of about 85 on Thursday and about 80 today. Very pleasant in the fan stream!
1) Thursday - 18 September 2014
* Read email and blogs, then wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 232: 1832 Marriage Record of Abigail (Gates) Seaver and Isaac Seaver in Westminster, Mass. and Become an FGS Ambassador for FGS 2015 Conference in Salt Lake City and set it for later.
* Went off at 10:45 a.m. for lunch with the engineers at Sunset at the Park on Third Avenue - George was back and we had a good talk about grandkids. I took pictures to share. Also Warren on Chargers and Rohr.
* Home by 1 p.m. to read, then wrote FamilySearch Has Added an Interactive World Map to Narrow Searches.
* The new washing machine came and was installed and demonstrated. We need some special detergent.
* Added to the Best Of post and checked Facebook, then we left at 4 p.m. for the trolley station, to the tin Fish for dinner and in Petco Park by 5:30 p.m. for the 6:10 game. Padres won 7-3 over the Phillies, so we won 3 of 4 and are now 71-81. Still hope for 76-86, but 7 games against Giants coming.
* Home on the trolley by 10:30 p.m., read, but not much else. Started the 52 Ancestors post. Genealogy today was 5.5 hours.
2) Friday, 19 September 2014
* Read email and blogs, then finished up 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 38: #45 Miranda (Wade) White (1804-1850) after sorting out her death date. Wrote "Genealogy Rockstar" Poll Results also.
* Answered some email, then worked in GenealogyBank on SF Chronicle obituaries. Found some, and crafted citations for them.
* Wrote Crafting a Source Citation for a Published Book and a Google Book Version of the Book, and added to the Best Of post. Listened to the DearMYRTLE Wacky Wednesday discussion on sources with Tony Proctor. Checked email.
* Wrote the Surname Saturday and SNGF posts. Went in at 5 p.m. to read the paper and watched TV news. Got a short nap too, then dinner.
* Online at 6:20 p.m. to read, then worked in Vermont VRs to add content and sources - did about 20 of them on 3rd page of Seaver results. Up to 54,465 source citations.
* Went in at 7:15 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, water the front yard, and finish my Daniel Silva book. Washed the dishes and played on the phone. Padres beat the Giants 5-0, so now 72-81 and won 4 of 5 on the homestand. We go on Saturday again.
* Online at 10 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook, and write this post. Genealogy today was 9.0 hours