We got the phone fixed, but it took two appointments, several phone calls and an ugly wiring job to do it, but it was about the only option. Oh yeah, did some genealogy and the Padres won.
* Read emails, and blogs, and wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 274: Grandparents at our Wedding. for good measure, wrote two more posts.
* Wrote Making a Descendants Chart Using Family Tree Maker 2014 and set it for later.
* Arranged for the lawn cutting, the phone repair was scheduled at 1 p.m., so left for McDonalds and lunch at 11 a.m., got to the library at 11:45, looked in on the Computer Group folks in the dark learning about Windows. Left soon, went to the bank for cash, stopped at the teller and asked about the bank account changeover. He said the automatic payments would be taken care of, except for the SS check, but he filled out a form to send in to take care of it. Cool! That was good news!
* Home by 12:30 p.m., and the phone repair called. They came, changed out a fitting, proclaimed it good, tested it and it worked, and left. Then the phone didn't work again soon after. Rats. Another call to have them come.
* Back to genealogy, worked on CGSSD Meeting on Saturday, 21 September: "Through Their Eyes" with Alice Volkert and posted it.
* Checked email, updated the Best Of post, looked for new databases, and worked on the CVGS Newsletter for October.
* The phone repair guys came at 4:15 p.m., changed us from analog to digital, which required tapping a coaxial line in the family room, and running a coax cable from in back of the TV to the ceiling and to the inside wall and down to the new modem for the phone. Took awhile to get it connected and turned on. But it works, which is better than not working. And it was free (unless we have to rent the modem, I don't think so). Whew.
* We watched the Padres game, I read the paper and dozed, we ate dinner, and the Padres won 3-2 over the Pirates. Did the dishes, took out the trash, and watered the front plants.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, check Facebook, and do online research adding content and sources. Answered some email, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.