Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Genealogy Days - 19 and 20 August 2013

It's been a busy two days...I didn't journal last night because we got ohme late, again, from the Padres game.

1)  Monday, 19 August:

*  Read email and blogs, wrote Amanuensis Monday - Post 185: Probate Records of Henry Carringer (1800-1879) - Part 1 and then Happy 114th Birthday, Gram! (a MIPIML).

*  Did some research for Audrey, then wrote National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair on September 3-4, 2013.

*  Found the Plymouth Colony records online, and transcribed one will from the pages.  A struggle!  Went in at 2 p.m. to watch the Little League game, took a nap, and read the paper.

*  Online again at 3 p.m. to read, answer more email, do a little online research, and we left at 5 p.m. for the trolley station, ate dinner at the Tin Fish and were in Petco Park by 7 p.m. for the Padres game.  We lost 3-1.  Over at 9:45 p.m., we hustled to make the 10 p.m. trolley, but Linda's shuttle ride got her there at 10:05.  So we waited for the 10:30.  She needs to use a wheelchair so I can push her, but that means we have to load up on the wheelchair platform.  No winners here.

*  Home at 11:10 p.m. to read, check Facebook and go to bed at midnight.

Genealogy this day was 6.0 hours.

2)  Tuesday, 20 August:

*  Up late, read email and blogs and finished up the This Week's Genealogy Eclectica for Tuesday, 20 August 2013 post, and then wrote Plymouth Colony Records Indexes for Probate and Other Records.  Struggled to find the FamilySearch records again, glad I did this post!

*  Worked with Earthpoint and Google Earth to find Henry Carringer's land in Iowa.  Made screens, and will probably use them soon.

*  Wrote and posted Dear Randy - How Did My Father Get to San Diego From New York?  Worked in the database for awhile, but decided to take a nap.

*  Watched the TV news, didn't get a nap, read the paper, ate dinner, then watched the LL game for awhile.  Went out to do the grass and the damn garage door wouldn't open.  The opener is jammed somehow.  Managed to extract the weed whacker and the extension cord, and did it that way.  Edges look great, grass looks terrible.  Oh well.  Back in to watch the end of the LL game, and had an ice cream for my reward.  

*  Read email and blogs, then went in to watch the Padres game, read my Coonts book, then watched WDYTYA?, and the end of the Padres game - Pirates won 8-1.  Frustrating.  Pads now 56-70.

*  Online to read, write this post, check Facebook and I'm done.  

Genealogy this day was 7.5 hours.

No comments: