Just a typical Saturday - genealogy meeting, blogging, reading, researching, playing ...
* Read email and blogs, packed up the laptop and left at 8:15 a.m.
* Got to UCSD by 8:45 a.m., sat in on the DNA SIG, which was unexciting. Found out that Ysearch.org is down for some reason. Greeted Denise as she came in, and introduced her to Jean, then took her in so she could get set up. Gary did it...then Denise did a great job with her Preserving the Past talk. Well received, lots of audience interplay.
* Home by 12:45 p.m. to read, noted that Surname Saturday - BANGS (England > Massachusetts) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Lunch With your Fearless Female posted.
* Figured out how to get PDFs into iBooks on the iPhone and into the Adobe Reader app on the tablet. Copied several books and my research lists over. Played with the tablet camera too to see how to make it work with Dropbox, etc. I'll have 3 cameras at SLC - the digital, the iPhone and the tablet. May use the tablet as primary in the FHL. May also use it for notes in RootsTech sessions.
* Went in for dinner at 5 p.m. to eat, watch TV, read the paper. Back online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then wrote the SDGS program review and the SNGF post for next week. I'm set for my meme posts for next week now while we're away.
* Worked in the database finding dates, places and sources for Cole folks. Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.
Post a Comment