Friday, November 23, 2012

My genealogy Thursday and Friday - 22 and 23 November 2012

Two more days gone, 2012 has only 39 days left!  I guess I'd better see how i'm doing on my goals and objectives.

1)  Thursday, 22 November 2012:

*  Got up twice in the night with Audrey, she ended up on the couch!  We had a light breakfast and tried to get ready for brother Scott's visit at 10 a.m.  I managed to read email and blogs, noted that I Am So Thankful ... posted.

*  Scott and family arrived right at 10 a.m., and Tami and Dawn got the brunch going.  Waffles, bacon, hash browns, fruit...and we enjoyed it.

*  We talked about the families, played with the kids outside, watched a little football, and took some pictures outside.  They left at 2:45 p.m. to go to Dawn's parents for Thanksgiving Dinner.  I noted that My Mayflower Connections - Soule, White, Warren, Cooke, Brewster, Hopkins and Fuller posted as planned.

*  Before my nap, I checked the stove - the turkey was put in at 1 p.m. but was not cooking.  Got it going at 3 p.m.  Took a short nap watching football and reading the paper, then played with the girls, and helped with dinner preparations.  Held the turkey down while Linda carved it at 5 p.m.

*  Thanksgiving dinner was turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing and cranberry sauce and bread.  Lauren said the prayer and we all held hands and said what we were thankful for.  Dessert was pumpkin pie or cheesecake (or both) with vanilla ice cream.  

*  Tami and family packed up and headed home at 7 p.m.  I cleaned up the kitchen, Tami had the dishes in the washer.  Took out the trash and put the cans out.

*  Finally online at 8 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook and didn't write a journal post.  Managed to get 40 SSDI entries confirmed using the MyHeritage list so I actually did some genealogy work this day!  Went to bed early!

Genealogy on Thursday was 3.0 hours.

2)  Friday, 23 November 2012:

*  Remembered to get up early to have my blood work done at Sharp...they were closed!  Wasted 30 minutes, drat.  Ate breakfast late.

*  Online at 8:30 a.m. to read email and blogs, then wrote Follow-Up Friday - Interesting and Helpful Reader Comments.  Made a new My RootsMagic website and uploaded it, fixing some problems and adding more events and images.

*  Worked in the database for awhile, had a long phone call with Jon, then hunted for more town records on Ancestry.  Got through Benjamin Seaver ancestors on Ancestry ignoring many hints and downloading records from the town records.  I expected more than I found.  Saved and named downloaded images, and added them to the database.

*  Wrote Pruning my Ancestry Member Tree Hints.  Continued working in Mass town records with Seaver families.  Also named files for Seaver probate records that I scanned some months ago.  

*  Did a little research for an email correspondent, and answered several emails.  Found that one line in my database should have been Leaver instead of Seaver, and added content to that line.

*  Went in for dinner at 5:30 p.m., watched TV news, read the paper and washed the dishes.

*  Back online at 7:30 p.m. to read, check Facebook, work some more on Seaver probate files and vital record images, added more images and tags to the database.  Went through the Seaver ancestors adding Source-Info-Evidence quality checks to the sources.  Need to do the Carringer and Richmond lines too.

*  Confirmed 40 entries in SSDI using the MyHeritage list - down to 437 left.  Added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.  

Linda went out for lunch with Barbara today, is up and aroundm ore, and is bored lying around.  Her toe is still seeping...she iced it again tonight.

Genealogy today was 10.5 hours.

No comments: