It was a very full genealogy day, mostly devoted to the 1940 US Census. I should have worked on the income taxes, but I didn't.
* Read email and blogs, wrote Tuesday's Tip - Ancestry.com's 1940s-Era Collections are Free until 10 April and then Using the MyHeritage 1940 U.S. Census Images. Downloaded the Leominster EDs and searched them - found both Freds, Ruth and Gerry, but not Bess or Ed.
* Posted MyHeritage 1940 Census Site Problems? and Interesting Infographic Compares 1940 and 2010 Census Information.
* Found the Schaffner and Leland folks in San Francisco in the 1940 census. Wrote Steve Morse 1940 Census Site Takes You to NARA Census Images.
* Worked in the database for awhile adding content and sources, then wrote My Father in the 1940 U.S. Census.
* Went in for dinner at 5 p.m., then watched TV for awhile, and back to the keyboard before 6 p.m. for DearMYRTLE's webinar.
* Did one page of Colorado 1940 Census indexing, then worked more in the database. Checked in on Facebook, made pedigree charts for Tami, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 12.0 hours.
Post a Comment