This was a fairly full genealogy day - the first one in about 9 days! Padres won too, 5-4 over Phillies (now 45-58).
* Read email and blogs, and posted The "Where I'm From" Poem (for SNGF) Compendium and then "Raking the Ashes" Book on Pre-1906 San Francisco Records Published.
* Got cleaned up, gathered the laptop, flash drive and handouts, and off at 9:15 a.m. to teach my OASIS class.
* All set up by 10 a.m., class over at 12:30 p.m. Lots of questions today, they're getting it, but are easily confused by online databases. Ancestry.com is very complex and FamilySearch is confusing. I understand why Ancestry has a fairly simple Basic search form! Lots of confusion over what's free and what isn't on Ancestry.
* Stopped at McDonalds for lunch, home by 1:15 p.m. Answered some email. Read Google Plus and blogs. Wrote Amanuensis Monday - Widow's Pension Allowed in Joseph Oatley's Revolutionary War Pension File.
* Wrote Dear Ancestry: Please Fix Family Tree Maker Source Issues. Dinner time - did some chores, watched TV news, read the paper, more chores.
* Online after 6:45 p.m. to read, then worked in the database adding info from four sketches in The Great Migration. Edited a few existing sketches too, and added sources.
* Updated the Best Of post, then went through Indiana Marriages from FamilySearch and added some to database for Seaver families, with sources. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.5 hours.
Post a Comment