It was an interesting, and somewhat different genealogy day for me.
* Up early to leave at 6:35 a.m. for Bonita Golf course for the Kiwanis club breakfast at 7 p.m. I made a 20 minute presentation on "Genealogy - Be An Ancestry Detective" to the group of 14.
* Home by 8:30 a.m. to read email and blogs, then wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - the Will of Isaac Seaver (1823-1901). Wrote Genealogy Conference Vendors - My View and set it for later in the morning.
* Downloaded the Branches software, installed it and uploaded a GEDCOM to it. Wrote Branches Software Rewind and set it for early afternoon.
* Had lunch, then worked in the database. Edited about 50 source citations for the 1900 Census, and then added about 30 census citations for a whole Seaver line. Even found new census data for several in the database.
* Went in at 4:45 p.m. to read the paper, watch the news, and do several chores. Ron came for dinner and Linda had an allergic reaction.
* Back online at 7:3e0 p.m. to read, then worked on the CVGS Newsletter for awhile. Downloaded the Spring 2011 issue of FGS FORUM magazine. Checked in on Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour at Kiwanis Club, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 1.0 hour working in Branches, 1.5 hours working on CVGS Newsletter, and 2.5 hours adding content to my database.
Oopsie!!! what a timeframe! Still typing faster than the brain works, huh??? lol
Post a Comment