Sunday, May 1, 2011

My family history weekend - 29 April to 1 May 2011

It's been a family history weekend with very little genealogy work done at all - just some blogging and some email traffic work.  But it's been fun!

*  Friday was the big day - we were out early to play some baseball, then went to Sea World - got there at 10 a.m. and left at 4 p.m.  Lots of walking.  The boys, Lori and I went on the Atlantis ride - a waterfall ride then some roller coaster through water turns.  Then to the Arctic Expedition ride, the penguin place, the shark encounter, an aquarium, and lunch.  After lunch, the Shipwreck Reef Rapids ride through swirling and rushing water - got   drenched.  Fun - the boys and Lori did it again, and I took pictures of them.  Then another aquarium, the Shamu show and shopping.  Got home easily and had dinner at home, then watched Sharks-RedWings game for awhile before baths and bed for the boys. 

*  Saturday was supposed to be the day at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, but we didn't go.  Played baseball in front with the boys several times today - kids from down the street played too.  Tami and Lauren came by 12:30 p.m., and Lori and I took the three kids to Imperial Beach.  They played in the surf (I didn't get further in than my knees), we built sand castles (the kids got bored), and they buried each other in the sand, and then hunted seashells.  Got a bucket full of them.  It was sunny and not hot, some wind too.  Stopped for ice cream at McDonalds on the way home.  The cousins got along really well.  Tami and Lauren went home.   Lori went out with her friend this night, so we took the boys out for dinner.  Linda had Lolita's and the boys and I had McDonalds.  More baseball before watching the Padres game.  I put the boys down tonight - fun times reading and talking with them.

*  The tentative plan on Sunday was for Lori and the boys to go to friend's house to swim in the morning, but Lori woke up sick and didn't get any better all day long.  Played baseball in the morning, had lunch, took the boys to Fun-4-All to ride bumper boats and do miniature golf (Logan hockey sticks the ball into the hole).  Stopped at McDonalds for ice cream.  Home by 2:45 to see the end of the Sharks/RedWings game, then Padres game (Pads won 7-0).  Lisa came for dinner and talk, and helped treat Lori.  I played soccer in back with Logan and the boys played soccer in front with the boys from down the block.  They ran for a good 30 minutes and were tired afterwards.  Went to bed pretty easily.  Lori too.

I tried to take bits of time to read my email, read blogs, write the usual weekend blog posts, and stay up-to-date with the genealogy news.  I missed the two radio shows and the Chula Vista Home Tour.  Next year!

Back to normal on Monday - I take Lori and the boys to the airport after lunch, but we have a Padres game at 7 p.m., so blogging will be light.

No comments: