Saturday, February 12, 2011

My genealogy day - 12 February 2011

It centered on my presentation at SDGS...and then on RootsTech, with a little RootsMagic and blogging thrown in.

*  Got cleaned up before reading my email and blogs, and noted that Surname Saturday - TRACY (England > Plymouth) posted.  Checked Twitter to see what was happening at RootsTech, and watched some of the Brewster Kahle talk.

*  Double checked everything and left at 9 a.m. for the SDGS meeting.  Arrived at 9:30, was set up with microphone and projector by 9:40, tested the remote and it worked fine.  Put it in my pocket.  Meeting started at 10 a.m. and I was up at about 10:15.  Turned on the remote and it didn't work.  It's intentionally simple, and I knew how to work it.  So Plan B was to sit in front of my laptop next to the projector and press the buttons on the laptop.  Drat.  Other than that, the two presentations went well - big crowd, about 150 or so.  Lots of nice comments afterwards. 

*  Was home by 1 p.m. to watch the RootsTech panel on Virtual Presentations. Also tried to watch the Navy airshow on but it kept stopping intermittently and I couldn't see much anyway.  Stupid camera placement.  Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Three Questions posted.

*  Bored, so went in at 2 p.m. to watch TV, read the paper and take a nap.  Linda came home after 3 from the Padres Fanfest where she watched the airshow, but was pretty far away from the flight paths. 

*  Came in at 3:15 and finished the S's and started on the T's in the RootsMagic sources.  I can see the tunnel, but no light since the V's are coming soon - I probably have over 100 books starting "Vital records of..." to "fix."

*  We left at 5 p.m. for dinner, ended up at Subway.  came home to watch first half of Aztecs basketball game, then worked online for awhile, and watched the end of the game. 

*  Checked Facebook and Twitter, worked on my OASIS presentation for Monday, and checked out the presentation remote.  It didn't work again, so went to website and tried to ask a question.  Never did succeed.  Changed battery out and tried it again and it worked.  Dammit.  Have no clue why it didn't work - maybe battery end was dirty?  Hope I don't need new batteries after about 10 minutes of testing.

*  Uploaded Linda's pictures to the computer, wrote this post and I'm done.

Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 1.5 hours watching Rootstech, 3.0 hours at SDGS meeting, 0.5 hour blogging, 0.5 hour on presentation, 1.0 hour on Facebook and Twitter, and 1.0 hour trying to figure out the remote. 


VacaGrammy said...

OOpsie with the batter situation!! Might be a good idea to carry a few "EXTRA"???

VacaGrammy said...