A good genealogy day - best of the year to date. :)
* Read email and blogs, wrote Amanuensis Monday - Probate Records of Samuel Bigelow (1653-1732) of Waltham, Massachusetts. Got cleaned up.
* Reviewed the Better GEDCOM material, got ready for the online GoToMeeting. Got on using the phone because I couldn't find my microphone/headphone set I received for Christmas in 2008. Finally found it and plugged it in for the last 30 minutes. An interesting meeting, not sure how much I contributed.
* Wrote 1 January 2011 Benchmark Numbers so that we can compare numbers next year. Had lunch.
* Started the FGS FORUM column for Spring 2011. The NARA package of Isaac Seaver's Civil War Pension File came in the mail - loaded it, saved it and reviewed it.
* Had dinner, read the paper, did the dishes, back online at 7 p.m. Read everything, wrote My Christmas Present Came Today - Oh Boy!
* Cleaned up the notes for one segment of my database - the Read, Bigelow, Warren ancestral families.
* Reviewed blog posts for Sunday and Monday and started the Best of post - I'm going to try to add to it daily rather than make notes and do it in a hurry on the weekend. Checked in on Facebook. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 13.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blog posts, 3.0 hours on BetterGEDCOM meeting/notes, 3.5 hours on FGS FORUM column, 0.5 hour reviewing NARA file, 1.5 hours working in database, and 3.0 hours writing blog posts.
Thanks for attending the BetterGEDCOM Developers Meeting yesterday. Your questions and suggestions about how to count votes and arrive at a consensus proved useful. As a result, the group decided 50% of the registered BetterGEDCOM wiki members must vote, and of those 75% must vote Yes, or Yes I can live with it (as opposed to No) for a vote to have passed.
Yours is a powerful voice for the good in the genealogy community. Thanks for being you.
Post a Comment