Not much of a genealogy day until after dinner... then it was gangbusters!
* Read email and blogs, and edited the Best Of post before going to church at 9:30 a.m.
* Home at 11:30 a.m., watched the Seahawks/Bears game until out of hand then to the computer to read and note that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 9 to 15 January 2010 posted.
* Watched the Jets/Patriots game, took a nap, read the paper, and then went out to pull stickerweeds in the back yard before dinner.
* Back online at 6 p.m., edited the Best Of post a bit, then wrote Alpheus Smith, Elizabeth Dill, Forrest Gump and SNGF.
* Transcribed several of the Alpheus Smith probate documents, then went searching in Rootsweb, AmericanAncestors and Ancestry for some of the descendants of Moses Smith (Alpheus' grandpa). Found more info and added it to the database, providing source citations (it's not that hard if you have the right attitude!).
* Looked for James A. Smith in the census records - found him in 1850, 1870, 1880 and 1900 and added that info to the database too, with sources. I never knew what happened to him...I'm not done finding out, I think. Two daughters, so no DNA opportunity there.
* Read everything, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour writing blog posts and 3.0 hours working in the database and doing online searches.
Post a Comment