Another decent genealogy day for me - some blogging, some database work, and even some additions to the database!
* Read email and blogs, and researched and posted Tombstone Tuesday - Lawrence L. Cook. Then I researched and wrote Ancestry.com tries to help me. And you too!
* Got cleaned up, and dove into the database determined to finish the As today. I did! And added more source citations, and fixed about 10 sources, but realize my "generic" sourcing has problems in areas where there is more than one resource for a record type - like Boston vital records. I may never get those sorted out!
* Answered some email, and searched my database to help Peggy with her research problem. Figured out how to make a custom report in FTM 16, and it's over 500 pages long, but lists every name, birth, marriage and death date and place! Now I can find more errors in the database.
* Found some interesting books on the Internet Archive site by Googling the names of married couples. Not all pre-1923 books are on Google Books yet!
* Researched and wrote More NGS Genealogy Videos are online before going in at 5 PM to watch TV, water the back yard, and eat dinner.
* Back online at 6 PM, read everything, added some collected material to the database from previous repository searches - like recent NEHGR articles. Then in to watch the Padres game, finish the watering, and finish my Harlan Coben book. Another author I like!
* Pads lost 2-1 to Dodgers...drat. Came in at 9:45 to read everything, check Facebook, write this post, and hang them up until tomorrow.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours researching and writing blog posts, 1.5 hours doing online research, and 5.0 hours working in my database.
Post a Comment