We were back this morning from our one day trip to Corona. Fun and interesting, our thanks to Jean for the opportunity and hospitality.
On Monday, 12 July:
* Read email, blogs and Twitter, and posted Amanuensis Monday - Sarah Putman's RevWar Pension Affidavit and wrote Copyright Fundamentals for Genealogists.
* Got cleaned up, checked Facebook, wrote two posts for later on Monday and Tuesday morning, had lunch, and closed down computer.
* We left for Corona at 1 PM, stopped in Elsinore for the Outlet stores (Book Warehouse had really poor selection of biography and history books!), and got to Temescal Valley Rd in time to stop at Trader Joe's then find the Miguel's restaurant.
* Met Jean and Gena for dinner, then off to Corona Public Library by 6 PM to get set up for talk there. My talk started at 7 PM on Using Ancestry.com Effectively - 90 minutes of screen shots and demonstrations and summaries. Had over 50 in attendance - hope they got something out of it.
* Followed Jean to her home afterwards, and spent the night there. Good conversation before everybody started yawning! The NGS Quarterly - June 2010 Issue Table of Contents posted while we were driving up.
Tuesday, 13 July:
* Up early at Jean's, left at 8 AM, stopped for breakfast in Elsinore, were home by 10:45 AM. I watched TV and took a nap, then ate lunch.
* Finally online at 12:15 PM, read email and blogs, and noted that Tombstone Tuesday - Deadman and NGS Magazine - April-June 2010 Issue posted while we were on the road.
* Answered some email, then wrote my GYR Journal column and sent it to Gale. Found SDU-T article from 2004 and posted link in "Personal Plots" at La Vista Memorial Park.
* Watched the Dot-Con video, and posted it in The Dot-Con Video - Genealogy Scam Revealed?.
* Went in at 5:15 PM to watch the All-Star game, eat dinner, read the paper, water the back dirt, wash the dishes and finish my book.
* Back online at 9 PM, read everything, checked Facebook, then worked on improving my Elusive Ancestor presentation. Wrote this post!