Just damn...seems like I wasted the day looking for Rhode Island records in a bunch of ratty databases. Finally figured them all out, though.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter, and wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - an Account Statement.
* Got cleaned up, and researched and wrote FamilySearch Advanced Search Capabilities. Worked on Class 3 presentation and syllabus - added some content to both.
* Answered several emails, and got started on the Nathaniel Wade marriage problem - Ruth Hopkins or Ruth Hawkins in 1731? Found web page with lots of Hawkins material with excellent sources, so added data missing in my database. Worked right through lunch...went in and ate hot dogs and grapes.
* Worked more on the Hawkins lines, then checked out Ancestry's historical county maps, and then California maps online.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch TV, read the paper, water the back yard, and have dinner.
* Back online at 6:30 p.m. - searched for something to blog about. Tried several ideas, finally picked one and had problem with popups - damn things. Ranted about it... not proud of that!
* Decided to see which databases have Nathaniel Wade/Ruth marriage online. Ancestry has some RI VR books, but not Scituate. NEHGS has transcriptions of all 21 volumes but no images. FamilySearch has only Scituate births, not marriages, in their collection. WorldVitalRecords has images but terrible search engine. Took me hours to figure this out.
* Went in to watch last 5 minutes of NBA season - that's about all I can take. Back to work - read everything, checked on Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Facebook/Twitter, 2.0 hours researching and writing blog posts, 1.0 hour working on Ancestry maps, 1.0 hour working in FamilySearch, 3.5 hours working on Hawkins families in database, and 1.5 hours searching for Wade/Hawkins marriage online.