Sunday, May 16, 2010

Randy's Genealogy Weekend - 15-16 May 2010

Whew! The weekend is over and I survived - as far as I can tell. There may be sickness on the horizon though - I have a sore throat and Lolo may have the flu. Two presentations down, 2 more classes to go, this month.

* Awakened on Saturday morning by Tami saying Audrey was in hospital ER with pneumonia. Linda almost drove up and back to get Lolo, but Michelle went instead.

* Read email, blogs and Twitter, got cleaned up, and noted that Surname Saturday - CUTTER (England > MA > NJ) posted. Gathered my laptop and stuff and off to the CGSSD meeting at UCSD in La Jolla.

* Got there at 8:50 a.m., sat in John Kracha's class on New Genealogy Websites, then went to main room and set up the laptop for my Wikis for Genealogy presentation. That went well - lots of compliments, hope they learned something!

* Went to lunch with Pam and her hubby, Jackie, Ken, Sharon at TGIFridays in La Jolla. Home by 2 p.m.

* quickly read everything, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- the Wayback Machine posted, and went in to take a nap.

* We left at 3 p.m. for the Padres game, stopped at Subway for sandwiches, Pads lost 4-1 to Dodgers, we were home by 9:30.

* Read everything, copied the handout for the presentation, checked Facebook, and forgot to write this journal.

Genealogy Saturday was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, and 0.5 hour working on SDJGS handout.

On Sunday, Linda went and got Lolo from Michelle after lunch, and we have her now. She's been sick all day - cannot hold any food or drinks down. Very miserable girl, with fever and upset stomach.

* Read everything, wrote Best of the Genea-Blogs - May 9-15, 2010 and worked on presentation for SDJGS. Transferred latest work to flash drive. Didn't go to church. Gathered up the handouts, the laptop, the projector and off to find Linda at Costco to tell her to pick up Lolo from Michelle.

* Got to SDJGS meeting place at 12:30, walked in by Jean, got set up, talked to folks, passed out handouts, meeting started at 1 p.m., introduced at 1:20, and I talked until 3 p.m. Too long, but they asked many questions. Seemed to be accepted well. Back home by 4 p.m.

* Checked email and blogs, really tired so napped in my chair. Lolo napped on family room floor for three hours in afternoon, then got sick when she ate a bit and drank water. Woke up at 5 p.m., held Lolo for awhile, Linda fixed dinner, and she wouldn't eat applesauce or toast.

* Went to store to get bread, kids Tylenol and Gatorade for Lolo - home by 7:30. She took the meds, scarfed some bread and Gatorade, and was normal for about 30 minutes, then it all came up. Too bad. Poor kid. She went to bed on an empty tummy.

* Online at 8:30 p.m., worked on Class 3 presentation for Tuesday night. Added significant content, found some good articles to share, answered some email, checked Facebook, wrote this post.

Genealogy on Sunday was 9.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.5 hours working on presentation, 2.5 hours at SDJGS meeting, and 2.0 hours working on Gen101 class 3 presentation.

No comments: