Monday, May 31, 2010

Randy's Family History Days - 30-31 May 2010

It's been a busy weekend what with Saturday's trip to Tami's graduation, the Padres game on Sunday afternoon and the Memorial Day swim party today. We're all tired out, but it's been fun. Lori and the boys go home on Tuesday afternoon.

On Sunday, I noted that Memorial Day Musings posted, as did Best of the Genea-Blogs (both written on Saturday night).

* Linda and I went to church, and were home by 11:20 a.m. ready to pack up and go off to the Padres game. Eileen and Alexa came over, and we all took the trolley to Petco Park. We got there by 12:30 p.m., and the boys and Alexa got a floppy hat. Lori, the boys and I left after the 8th inning, and the Padres won in 11, 3-2 over Washington. We got home in time to see the game winning hit. Then it was no rest for the weary - I went out with the boys to play 30 minutes of baseball on the street.

* Linda came home with Eileen and Alexa, and we went down to Mr. V's for pasta for dinner. We were home by 7:45, and Lori got the boys down for bed. I read email, blogs, Twitter and Facebook. Lori and Eileen talked into the night, and I tottered off to bed at 11 p.m.

On Monday, I wrote Amanuensis Monday - the Probate of Benjamin Seaver's (1757-1816) Estate in some spare moments this morning before the baseball game with the boys. Also read email and blogs, then continued our Monopoly game until noontime, when it was time for lunch, and then we went off to Ron and Kathy's house for a swim party.

* We had a great time. The boys jumped right in and swam with me until it was time to eat around 3 p.m. There was a big spread - typical summer swim-party food. After eating, the boys went back in with Linda and Lori. We left at 5 p.m. and I managed a nap while Lori and Lucas were playing chess. We even took some pictures and video in the pool.

* We had a late dinner - more hamburgers - and watched the hockey game (Lucas and Logan are big fans) and the Padres game, and Lori got the boys down. Lori, Lucas and I continued our Monopoly game for about 30 minutes before his bedtime. The Padres won 18-6 (now 31-20), and I did the dishes and the laundry, then came in to check email, blogs and Facebook.

My genealogy time for both days was probably a total of 5 or 6 hours at most.

No comments: