Monday, December 21, 2009

Randy's Genealogy Days - 20-21 December 2009

Three more shopping days until Christmas. I need to hit the mall on Tuesday...and then wrap everything. Genealogy took a backseat to family history over the weekend - Lori and the boys left this afternoon to go back to Santa Cruz, so I was able to get some genealogy work done this afternoon and evening.

Sunday, 20 December - a good football day in San Diego!

* Got the boys fed and set up on the TV, and was able to read email and blogs before going off to church at 9:40 a.m. Home by 11:30 - stopped off at the hillside to pick up two of the balls that went over the wall on Saturday. Boys had been playing with RC helicopters outside - one went on the roof - Lori climbed up and got it.

* Lori, Linda and the boys left for the Fleet Science Theater to check out the exhibits and see one of the IMAX films. Left me all alone with the TV - my Chargers played the Bengals at 1 p.m., and won 27-24 in the last seconds. Good game - playoff caliber. They came back at 3:30 just in time to see the end of the game.

* Played with the boys outside, then we had dinner, and watched the SNF game until the boys went to bed. Read everything, checked Facebook and Twitter, wrote a blog post for Monday morning, and not much else!

* Blogging? Advent Calendar - Day 5: Religious Services posted early in the morning, Best of the Genea-Blogs - December 13-19, 2009 posted while I ate lunch, and 12 Days of a Genealogy Christmas posted while I was watching the Chargers game. All written before Sunday.

Genealogy on Sunday was 3.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour writing blog posts, and 1.0 hour on Twitter and Facebook.

Monday, 21 December 2009

* Advent Calendar - Day 4: Christmas Music posted before I got up, and Massachusetts Vital Record Books Online posted while I was playing baseball with Lucas.

* Got the boys fed and ready to go - was able to read email and blogs while they were watching TV. Played a little baseball with Lucas, flew the RC copters with both boys, and tickled Logan. They wanted one last go at Grandpa Monster, too. Helped Lori find everything to pack. We left for the airport at 11:15 a.m. minded the boys while waiting in the checkin line, and said goodbye at 12:15 and headed home. Ate lunch at McDonalds.

* Went up to the health center to get a release form, took longer than expected, finally home at 2:30, and sent info to insurance company.

* Read everything, checked Twitter and Facebook, and wrote Megan's List. Went in for dinner, then watched MNF game for awhile.

* Back online at 6:30, cleaned up the email list a bit, wrote posts for Randy's Busy Life, then wrote two posts for the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe, and two for Tuesday on Genea-Musings.

* Watched Find My Family at 9 p.m. - in the first case, they used birth records to compare to Catholic high school graduations to find a match in San Diego area - there was only one, and it was the son given up for adoption. In the second case, they knew the mother's maiden name, but not her married name or parents names. Mother's birthplace was on adoption record as Africa, so they searched for military men that served in Africa, found one, and found the birth mother. In none of the six cases I've seen so far have they looked for the birth father - it's always been the birth mother.

* Came in and read everything, then wrote this post.

Genealogy on Monday was 5.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, and 1.0 hour researching websites.

No comments: